Evaluación del caso endodoncia
Advances in the understanding of endodontic pathosis, aseptic technique, and principles of canal preparation and obturation have led to significantly increased and predictable healing rates for endodontic treatment—95% and higher under ideal conditions (Salehrabi R, Rotstein I. J Endod. 2004 Dec;30(12):846-50). Sin embargo, the treatment must be delivered in a predictable manner by the treating practitioner to optimize the healing potential.
The AAE has developed practical tools to help every dentist overcome case assessment pitfalls:
- Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Article (Archivo PDF, 587KB)
This newsletter discusses endodontic treatment planning, case assessment and referral from a specialist’s perspective.
- Reading List (Archivo PDF, 48KB)
A comprehensive list of references supporting the topic of case assessment and referral.
- AAE Case Difficulty Assessment Form and Guidelines (Archivo PDF, 411KB)
The Assessment Form enables a practitioner to assign levels of difficulty to a particular case by assessing risk factors that may affect the outcome of treatment. The form may also be used to assist with referral decision making and record keeping.
- Educator’s Guide to Using the AAE Endodontic Case Difficulty Assessment Form (Archivo PDF, 44KB)
This guide is designed to assist educators in teaching predoctoral dental students objective evaluation and decision-making skills in endodontics.
- Forging Effective Alliances for Quality Patient Care (Archivo PDF, 127KB)
This article discusses the value of effective referral relationships.